General Terms and Conditions of Rental
Version 01-01-2020, Beachhouse Blue Zone, Duinschooten 12-167, Noordwijkerhout
- These general terms and conditions of rental apply to reservations and agreements regarding to the Beach House Blue Zone holiday home, located at Duinschooten 12-167 Noordwijkerhout.
- In these General Rental Conditions, the term “tenant” refers to the person who concludes an agreement with us regarding the rental of the holiday home.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply regardless of your (prior) reference to any own conditions or to other general conditions. We reject all Terms and Conditions to which you refer, or which are used by you.
- Agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions of Rental are only
valid if agreed on paper.
- We only take reservations from people aged 23 or older. For that reason, reservations made by persons under that age are not valid.
- By paying for the reservation you automatically confirm that you have read the general rental conditions and you automatically agree with our general rental conditions.
- An agreement is concluded between you and us the moment after we receive your payment. The agreement concerns the rental of the holiday home for recreational use, which is of short duration.
- Payment is made immediately upon booking.
- The deposit is € 150.00. The deposit serves to guarantee damage and / or costs – in the broadest sense of the word – that we can suffer in the event of non-
compliance with the obligations of the tenant as a good tenant and the person (s) accompanying the tenant.
- The deposit must be paid together with the payment of the rent. In case the deposit is not paid, we are entitled to deny the tenant access to the holiday home. If you fail to pay the deposit, we are also entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect.
- The deposit or any remainder will be refunded to the tenant within 7 days after departure after settlement of claims (damage to inventory / holiday home and / or other costs). Any (further) claims for compensation will not be nullified by this refund.
- a. The tenant will receive (if we are not able to meet you ourselves) the code of a key safe in which the house key is stored, 2 days before the arrival date by email or text message. This code may not be transferred. The tenant is never entitled to keep or duplicate the key for any reason. If the tenant does, the tenant will owe a fine of €500, without prejudice to the actual costs. The key to the holiday home is made available to the tenant by us on loan. The key remains our property. In the event of loss, theft or any other form of loss of the key, the tenant owes an amount of € 100.
- All costs that arise because you do not deliver the house on time, will be recovered from you. We will keep goods found after your departure for you for a reasonable period of time, but we do not take any responsibility for this. These goods can be sent to you at your expense.
- When the tenant and / or other users have locked themselves out from the Beachhouse Blue Zone holiday home, € 25.00 will be charged. This will be deducted from the refund of the deposit. As a check, we ask the tenant to identify himself before the copy key is handed over.
- If you lose the parking pass, you will be charged € 50.00 (or it will deducted from the deposit).
- Cancellation by the tenant must always be made in writing (by post or by mail). The following rules apply:
Cancellation up to 10 weeks before the day of arrival is completely free of charge.
If cancelled up to 6 weeks (42 days) before the day of arrival, 50% of the rent will be
If cancelled up to 2 weeks (14 days) before the day of arrival, 75% of the rent will be
In case of cancellation less than 2 weeks (14 days) before the day of arrival, the full
rental amount will be charged.
- If you have not arrived within 24 hours of the agreed date without further notice, this
is considered a cancellation and 100% of the rent is will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation on our part, any money already paid will be refunded.
- In all cases of cancellation, the prepaid deposit and tourist tax will be refunded.
Your stay at the holiday home
- Weekend: Friday from 3 pm to Monday 10.30 am
- Midweek: Monday from 3 pm to Friday 10.30 am
- Week: Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday
- On the day of arrival, you can use the holiday home from 3 p.m. On the day of departure, you must leave the holiday home at 10:30 am.
- The holiday home is a non-smoking home. Smoking is allowed outside on the terrace.
- No open fire should be used outdoors.
- Bringing pets is not allowed.
- The rent includes final cleaning, bed linen and towels.
- Barbecuing is allowed. Although the use of gas, water and electricity is included, we request you to use it sparingly.
- Subletting is strictly prohibited.
- The stay of more people in a holiday home than agreed on the reservation, or the maximum of 5 persons applicable to the house, is not allowed without our permission, unless otherwise agreed in writing. This can lead to the premature termination of the lease on our part, without refund of rents.
- It is not allowed to take towels or blankets to the beach or recreational lake.
- Moving cupboards and beds, as well as sound or television equipment or taking any part of the interior inventory outside of the cottage – except crockery, glasses and cutlery for your outdoor meal – is strictly prohibited.
Liability / complaints / damage
- The tenant and other users are fully liable in the relevant rental period in the rented holiday home for all damage that has occurred to the house, the inventory and all items belonging to the rented object, unless the tenant and other users can demonstrate that the damage cannot be imputed to them. For that reason, we recommend you to carefully inspect the holiday home and inventory on arrival for defects and shortcomings. If you find any damage or defects, please report this to us immediately.
- We do not accept any liability for theft, loss or damage of or to objects or persons of any kind, during or as a result of the stay in the holiday home. We accept no liability for construction activities on the access roads and main roads, etc. in the surroundings of the rented holiday home. We do not accept any liability for failure or deactivation of technical equipment, utilities, the non-functioning or partial failure of the internet.
- The cost of normal maintenance and repairs will be at our expense. If defects occur, the tenant must notify us immediately and follow our instructions as much as possible. Any costs incurred by the tenant in this context will be refunded to the tenant by us upon submission of itemized bills.
- If you still want to submit a complaint, it must be submitted to us in writing and with reasons, within 14 days after departure of the holiday home.
Departure and Final Cleaning
The holiday home must be left in the following manner:
- The house must be left wipe clean
- Everything should be washed clean, dried and placed back in the cupboards
- Duvet covers and linen should be left in the bathroom
- The dishwasher and refrigerator should be clean and empty
- Food should not be left in the cupboards
- Please put garden furniture and cushions in the shed.
- The bins should be emptied
- Report any breakages and / or damage to the landlord
All these conditions and provisions from the lease / house rules, as well as any disputes ensuing therefrom, are exclusively governed by Dutch law.